Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gung Ho No No

Today while i was talking to my sister she was telling me how on her mission she had some gung ho AP demoted to ZL because he was disobedient.
no.
It was you can only be AP so long. But her last transfer in the field she got in a friendly competition on baptisms. Let's be frank. Missions aren't about the numbers...
UNTIL THE LAST TRANSFER! hahahhahahah. just joshing.
It happens though. Especially with gung ho "i can baptize the world" AP elders. Or sisters. BUT she won :) And I started quoting pride and prejudice  "you should all go to Brighton (or where ever her last area was)! For that is the place to get converts (noooot husbands. that's gross. missionary mindset!). baha so I make myself laugh. That's life. And you get to hear about it :)
K so switching up the subject!
On a spiritual note it was conference and it twas glorious! Loooooved it!! (like wheezey from dragon tales... i know you know what im talking about. everyone watched it as a child) But a talk I really liked that hit me was Erich W. Kopischke talk. Here's some gems I found: while talking about Heavenly Father and Christ, "They do not accept us because of our title or position. They do not look at our status. They look into our hearts. They accept us for what we are and what we're striving to become. Seeking and receiving acceptance from them will always lift and encourage us." aaannnnddd "As we follow the simple pattern the Lord has laid out, we will come to know that we are accepted of him regardless of our position, status, or mortal limitations. His loving acceptance will motivate us, increase our faith, and help us deal with everything we face in life. Despite our challenges we will be successful, prosper, and feel at peace."
I realized I don't have to please everyone and their dog! I don't have to bend my values or back down when people make fun of me for what I do or do not do. GET OVER IT. As long as I'm doing something the Lord would be proud of, other people's opinions (if they're stupid) can drop and burn for all I care. I can be bold and people can disagree! Stand in the flames! (iiiiii fell into a burning ring of fire... k im done with quoting stuff for today) But really. I'm going to go forth with confidence and spread the word! because it's awesome and I love it!
This church is true! If you're a non member and reading this I just want to say test it out! God loves you! He will NOT lie to you. Just read The Book of Mormon. It can't hurt. And what if it IS true? You often hear everyone say what  if you're wrong? BUT what iiiiifff... we're right? What if Joseph Smith really was a prophet who saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. Crazier things have happened. Take the atonement and try to wrap your head around that! But it did happen! Miracles happen because we have an ALL powerful, ALL loving, ALL righteous Father that will do ANYTHING to see that we get back to him safely. This is His work and His glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of men (and women if youre touchy and want to throw that in). Just test it out! Is a religion that teaches people to be the best they can be and have hop in eternal life really so bad? (I'm sorta rephrasing this from an awwwessome testimony I heard recently) But that's my schpeel. Take it or leave it! :)
Welp here's the last post before I'm set apart. My sisters will update it now. Party on, Choose the Right, and Obey with Exactness!!! :) later gators 

No comments:

Post a Comment