Friday, April 5, 2013

cow tipping

Once upon a  time.... long
long
long 
ago. 
Jk it was just my junior year in high school. I was at a meet and this creeper kid came up to me and was all
helloooo rachel. 
me: Ummmm... im pretty sure i don't know you...
You don't remember me?
me: No ive never met you(now let me finish my rubix cube on the side of this pool in peace!) 
You're right i just read your name off your swim pants
me:.... (Quit looking at my pant leg) 
Soooo you do rubix cube?
me: Yuuup. its our latest team obsession. just learned it.
so what else do you do for fun in Lehi?
He'd been implying Lehi was kinda a hick town to begin with so my friend, being the grounded amazing person she is, was kinda sick of him so she thought of the most small town activity she could and said... Cow tipping.
I. About. Died. 
Laughing so hard.
 He just looked confused and eventually left. It was perfect. 

BUT me being the honest Abe I am I didn't want to make her a liar. So I'm proud to say I finally did it! 
Some of my good friends on swim team work with cows so they asked the owner if we could tip a few! He said it was fine but watch out for the recently made mommy cows as they might charge and trample you for coming near their calves. 

Joy. 
Ever heard those stories of missionaries who right before they enter the MTC break their arm playing basketball, ooor get paralyzed landing wrong on a last moment skiing trip. I've heard of people also snapping their arms and EVEN breaking their rumps.
But how lame would it be if I was delayed and when asked why I just am like... Oh. Ya know. I tried to tip a cow but she got ticked and trampled me. Every day excuse right. 
But that didn't happen. All the cows apparently have a late curfew because they were all awake. But I tried! A for effort!! One day I'll tip a cow... Maybe before I leave... maybe after, but I'm determined! My apologies to you cow lovers but trust me. They're fiiine. This coming from my friends who spend hours with them.
Guess it's still on the bucket list! :)

PS: I LEAAAVVVE IN 5 DAAAAYYYSS


2 comments:

  1. LoveloveloveloveloveloveloveloveloveloveloveLovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove you Hansen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Irishman the cow tipper :)

    ReplyDelete